TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. About the Website
1.1. Welcome to www.codestar.com.au (the ‘Website’). The Website provides you with an opportunity to browse and purchase various Coding Programs that have been listed for sale through the Website (the ‘Products’). The Website provides this service by way of granting you access to the content on the Website (the ‘Purchase Services’).
1.2. The Website is operated by CodeStar Australia (ABN 16 661 015 73) . Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by CodeStar Australia. Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms’) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
1.3. CodeStar Australia reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When CodeStar Australia updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
2. Acceptance of the Terms
You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by CodeStar Australia in the user interface.
3. Registration to use the Purchase Services
3.1. In order to access the Purchase Services (Coding Programs), you must first register as a user of the Website. As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Purchase Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including: (a) Email address
3.2. You warrant that any information you give to CodeStar Australia in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
3.3. Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered member of the Website (‘Member’) and agree to be bound by the Terms. As a Member you will be granted access to the Purchase Services.
3.4. You may not use the Purchase Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with CodeStar Australia; or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Purchase Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Purchase Services.
4. Your obligations as a Member
4.1. As a Member, you agree to comply with the following: You will use the Purchase Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- the Terms;
- any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- You have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the CodeStar Program;
- Any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify CodeStar Australia of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- Access and use of the Program is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use by you.
- You must not undertake any illegal activity on site.
- You must ensure that your own and your child’s behaviour is not offensive to other CodeStar students, as considered by CodeStar management.
- CodeStar accepts no responsibility for any injury incurred at the CodeStar programs by your child nor any subsequent cost related to that injury.
- CodeStar takes no responsibility for the loss or damage to your child personal property, including laptop, iPad, money or other valuable items.
- You must leave the facility in a tidy, safe and proper condition to the reasonable satisfaction.
5. Purchase of Products and Cancellation Policy
5.1. In using the Purchase Services to purchase the Product through the Website, you will agree to the payment of the purchase price listed on the Website for the Product (the ‘Purchase Price’).
5.3. Following payment of the Purchase Price being confirmed by CodeStar Australia, you will be issued with a receipt to confirm that the payment has been received and CodeStar Australia may record your purchase details for future use.
5.4. CodeStar Australia may, at their sole discretion, provide a refund on the cancellation of the Program.
5.5 Cancellation Policy: Please read our cancellation policy below:
- Notice greater than 4 weeks – 100% program fees refund Plus $25 administration fees
- Notice between 2 and 4 weeks – 50% program fees refund Plus $25 administration fees
- Notice less than 2 weeks – No refunds
6. Copyright and Intellectual Property
6.1. The Website, the Purchase Services and all of the related products of CodeStar Australia are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the site content and compilation of the website (including text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips and software) (the ‘Content’) are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by CodeStar Australia or its contributors.
6.2. CodeStar Australia retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related content. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer to you:
- the business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright of CodeStar Australia; or
- the right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design; or
- a system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a system or process).
6.3. You may not, without the prior written permission of CodeStar Australia and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Content or third party content for any purpose. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for reuse or are in the public domain.